...


My purpose in this blog is not to detail my life, which I think most of the time is not particularly interesting, but more so to share, wonder and write. I hope that God gets way more glory through this than I do. And I hope that you, reader, if you ever do exist, will take what I have to say on the days I decide to add to this and question things in your life and maybe go write about them too. Or talk about them. Or at least think about them. But keep questioning. I think that's what God's been teaching me. Keep questioning, and go to Him for the answers. I'd love for yall to post comments if you have any!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thanks for the title Bebo

I got the name of this blog from what I refer to as my life "theme song". I think since I heard this song, I've felt like I could relate perfectly to the words. About seven years later it still hits home every time I listen to it.

Tip of My Heart: Bebo Norman
It's on the tip of my heart:The words to say
But I fall apart, and I walk away
There's an angry world pressed against my back
And at every turn, I keep looking back

And I know You promised me
Love through Eternity
So why can't I just hold on?

I want to live; I want to love
But I'm afraid my simple faith will never be enough
I want to laugh; I want to be set free
And let you hold all of my soul that's deep inside of me.

But I don't know where to start; it's on the tip of my heart.

So would you take my hand; cuz I'm sinking in.
To this life I've made, but don't understand
The clock moves so slowly, but time goes so fast
In this whirlwind world that will never last

This love you're giving me; It's not just make believe. Help me to just hold on.

You open the sky, and open my eyes
And all my fears are scattered away
So I walk in grace, because I've seen your face
You are all that matters to me.

So I'm gonna live, I'm gonna love
I'm not afraid because Your Grace will always be enough
I'm gonna laugh, I'm gonna be set free
And let You hold all of my soul that's deep inside of me
You have shown me where to start
It's on the tip of my heart.
---------------------

Sometimes I don't know how to say the things I want to say or to live the way I want to live, a life of laughter and trusting God with all of the thoughts, desires and emotions deep down in my soul; I am afraid that my simple faith will never be enough to live that way.

But the bottom line is, it's not supposed to be because Jesus is.

If the Son sets you free, you are free indeed. -John 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment